Nov 29, 2009

Dependent upon Christ

Dear Corey,

I also don’t have a quote, but I have a story. I was watching Grace as she struggled up the hill above our house. Well, I was doing more than watching, but it reminded me of how we can treat God. She would struggle up the hill, mostly ignoring my help. When she fell, I would pick her up, but then she’d take off again.

This is how some people treat God. He is always with us, watching over us. He helps us in troubled times and He directs us, showing us where to go. When we deny God or His power over one aspect of our lives we “fall” more often. Many times this results in us ending up in the wrong place, arriving at a destination we weren’t planning on going to.

It might not even be apparent to us that we are denying God. We might think we are merely being “independent;” we might not even think that, we’re just thinking, “I can do this.” We can do nothing without God’s help. He walks with us, watching our feeble attempts at obeying Him.

Not to say that God cannot help us unless we let Him. I want to make it clear that this is not what I am saying. Many times God intervenes before we get to that destination we don’t know we’re going to. He does this by many different ways. Through parents, friends, relations, strangers, car problems, etc…God uses everything for His glory.

“For all things work together for good to those who love God.”

We should always strive to become more like Christ, but we do not do this by ourselves. We can only do this with God’s help. I want to encourage you this week to not be independent, but dependent upon Christ.

Your BIC,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment